I hope you all had a super relaxing sunny bank holiday! On sunday we had some friends visiting and I decided to try a new recipe for a change. Usually Sunday baking is cupcakes or a simple loaf cake but after the amount of scones I have eaten in the Manchester lately it was about time to have a go at scones! And it was so so easy- baking from scratch it took me less than 30 min until they were ready to serve. What I also found convenient with this recipe I found at the BBC website is that you will find all ingredients and tools at home without having to buy expensive fancy baking equipment first. Also the short baking time of 10-15 min is just enough to make coffee in the meantime! Brilliant!
1. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl
2. Add soft butter and mix until very crumbly
3. Then slowly pour your milk into the mix and form a dough ball with your hands- work in raisins
4. Roll out flat with a flour-dusted glass and cut out thick ( at least 2cm- mine were to thin first! ) circles
5. Brush scones with some egg yolk or milk
6.. Place scones on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 min until golden
Best serve warm with butter and jam- Enjoy!